Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Break Up

After more than fours years of dating and seeing each other, we finally decided to call it off for once and for all. Wow I'm amazed that I just expressed all of that in one sentence. It didn't happen that way though, it's not easy, it never is. In fact, before this final major break off, we had broken up several times and each time I was the one to make that call. The reasons being - I think about our future, I am constantly thinking on how to make it work, I am always deciding where to eat or what to do (not by choice), my academics was heading to the gutter and last but not least we both come from completely different race, religion and culture (which play a big role in marriage issues). It wasn't like we ever cheated on each other or fought most of the times. We were one "perfect" couple with our own set of flaws. We always ate lunch and dinner together, we liked it. We were never bored of each other. He was truly a nice guy, who made sure I was happy, who was always there in a heartbeat whenever I needed him and he helped me with all the house chores. I guess being so happy made me greedy and thus these things which come as blessing to most women, I took them for granted and started making these things as a given. As a recent high school graduate, I had no idea what I was getting into. I graduated with big dreams and a very ambitious soul. But I had always been a softie at heart so I melted when my very good friend revealed his feelings to me towards the end of high school. I knew I was pretty set with my academics so I believed that I would be capable of handling a relationship. It was my very first relationship and that is why I wasn't prepared at all. I was the first one from my group of girls to start dating too so I had nobody to take advice from. I didn't think I needed any since I had watched a dozen romantic movies since childhood and knew what it was supposed to be like. The first summer in college was like a fairy tale. The sun was out, the flowers had bloomed, and we were completely immersed in each other's eyes. We would spend hours gazing into each other's eyes, slow dancing and watching the sunset. to be contd.

No comments:

Post a Comment